Friday, May 31, 2013

Beach Business

Turkey Vulture. I didn't take this picture...
Depoe Bay...I did take this picture...beautiful day
 
 
 
A beautiful sunny morning and I headed to the beach for some fresh air and a walk. There were two USGS trucks driving on the sand away from a huge stack of objects I hoped was Tsunami debris. It turned out to be a small trailer with research equipment on it and a sign that said "Avian Recovery". Knowing my friend Jana would never forgive me for not asking when there were birds involved, I asked the guy what they were doing. He said"Raptor Research". They had caught a Turkey Vulture and were going to take blood samples for DDT etc.  Not wanting to disturb them I turned around and headed the other way on the beach still secretly hoping to find something with Japanese writing.......

No comments:

Post a Comment