Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sand and Crap

We went over to the RV storage lot today so Gary L. could retrieve his truck canopy, (which was stored in front of the 5th wheel). Jack emptied the storage bin (underneath) and I cleaned out the Rat Hole...a catch all shelf. I also emptied all the canned goods out of the cupboards. We are giving them to our gardener and lightening our load. After 7 years on the road we now know what we need/use/want/can't live without....I basically wear the same 4 T-shirts all Summer, but MUST have an abundance of dishtowels (10 plus)..go figure.

With the recent heavy winds, the sand has really piled up in the RV lot between the 5th wheel and the fence. The 5th wheel will require some major cleaning before we leave this year. So far it looks like I will be following Jack in my car again this year. It provides a more economical means of transportation for us besides the diesel sucking truck, in addition to a second vehicle.  I don't really mind driving solo. We are always within cell phone distance and co-ordinate our rest stops so we're not out of touch.

Looking forward to hitting the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment